- What were you asked to do?
During unit 4.2 I was asked to learn about caption writing, another form of Public Relations writing. I was asked to learn about the Five W’s and H that go into a photo caption, and the components of an effective caption. I was also asked to watch a quick video over the caption.
- What can you pick up on now that you couldn’t before?
Before this unit I never paid much attention to a photo caption, but now I know how to effectively produce and use one. I can now pick up on the fundamentals of photography and the role of photo sequencing effective visual storytelling and the basics of writing cut-lines for photos
- What else would you like to know about this skill set?
I would like to learn about the history of photo captions and when they became relevant. As usual, I would like to learn about the social media history of this, and how it has evolved.
- How does this particular skill set jive with your expectations of the responsibilities held by a public relations professional?
I can see how this would be crucial to strong public relations. Raising interest in a cause to the public through the use of photo captions is a great tool to have and I can see how this would be important.
- How do you see this particular skill set helping you in your career?
I see this being important in any journalistic career I may have. Overall this is more important than ever because social media is so strong now, and photos are even stronger.