- What were you asked to do?
During this Unit, I was asked to learn about news gathering, Interviews, and Feature Stories. I was also asked to produce a Feature Story. I am still in the process of producing this story, but from the content of the unit I have already picked up on new skills.
- What can you pick up on now that you couldn’t before?
I can now give proper interviews and structure a proper feature story. I didn’t know the proper format on how to go about doing either one of these, but with the content of this unit, I can now pick up on how to produce this content.
- What else would you like to know about this skill set?
I would like to know more about how the feature story has evolved over the past decade, and how it evolved in the first place. I like learning about the history of things, and how things have changed over time. I know with the evolution of social media over the past decade, that things have changed.
- How does this particular skill set jive with your expectations of the responsibilities held by a public relations professional?
This jives with my expectation because I know public relations professionals help control an organizations image. Knowing that they can produce feature stories that can mold positive outcome to an organization is really powerful.
- How do you see this particular skill set helping you in your career?
I can see it helping me in my career because to drive attention to an organization, being able to produce content like a feature story is valuable. For example, if an organization writes a story about their consumer, this brings life to what the organization is actually doing. I think that is pretty cool.