- What were you asked to do?
During this unit I was asked to write two media advisories and two media pitches. I was asked to learn about the format and practice by creating my own media advisories and pitches.
- What can you pick up on now that you couldn’t before?
What I can pick up on now that I couldn’t before is the ability to communicate with different media outlets. I learned the necessary skills to communicate different information in different formats. I am learning that I have a variety of choices when it comes to communicating with other professionals.
- What else would you like to know about this skill set?
I would like to learn more about how the media advisory and pitches have evolved over the years. What did they look 50 years ago compared to how they are now. What has changed since social media has become a factor?
- How does this particular skill set jive with your expectations of the responsibilities held by a public relations professional?
This unit has shown me how my expectations of the responsibilities held by a public relations professional can include many different things. PR is not one specific job or task, but it is made up of many wonderful things.
- How do you see this particular skill set helping you in your career?
This particular skill set will help me in my career because it is teaching me valuable tools I can use to communicate with others.