- What were you asked to do?
I was asked to produce a feature story about a topic from the list of grades. I was also asked to learn about the content that goes into how to produce a feature story.
- What can you pick up on now that you couldn’t before?
I can now pick up on how to write a feature story and give interviews. Before I studied this unit, I did not know about all of the different types of feature stories. I also didn’t know about the different types of summary leads. It was fun picking out the different elements that I wanted to go into my feature story.
- What else would you like to know about this skill set?
I would like to learn about how the history of the feature story. I love learning the why behind things. I would also like to learn about how they have evolved over time, especially since the rise of social media.
- How does this particular skill set jive with your expectations of the responsibilities held by a public relations professional?
I think being a story teller is applicable to many jobs, and hopefully any job I have someday. Being able to get people interest about a certain topic by the use of words is a valuable skill!
- How do you see this particular skill set helping you in your career?
Like I stated above, I think being a story teller is important to many careers. I hope to have a job someday where I can use someones story to help others.